• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Took a Drive Today - Great Roads!

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I went down to Rocky Mount,VA to have breakfast this morning.
Took Merriman Road to Highway 220 & back,& down Starlight Lane,& -
then down Crystal Creek Road.
002.JPG
003.JPG
013.JPG
005.JPG
014.JPG
008.JPG
009.JPG
010.JPG

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
That's a part of Virginia I don't think I've ever been to. Very pretty. I like the rocks right alongside the road.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Certainly beautiful. Scenic roads like that are something I miss living in the flatlands of Florida.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Certainly beautiful. Scenic roads like that are something I miss living in the flatlands of Florida.
Illinois is similarly flat. Lived there for 4 years and there was plenty of scenery - as long as you like corn and wheat! I have to have mountains.

Last edited:
OP
AngliaGT

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I timed that drive right - last night we had a
thunder & lightning storm,along with rain.
This morning it was fairly clear & sunny,and
in the 90's.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
That is beautiful countryside. So much like eastern Connecticut, Massachusetts, and nothern New England. And you're not in congested traffic!

So what did you have for breakfast? I'm guessing scrambled eggs, salty ham, biscuits, and fried apples!

Really enjoy the photos.
Tom M.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Our back roads are horrible. Narrow, winding, hilly and full of potholes. Guy I used to know had his Ferrari demolished when he was hit head on by a school bus. He got another one. I had breakfast at a local diner on Friday with a guy who also owned a Ferrari - for one year. He sold it after a $1,500.00 tuneup. He now has a boat. The engine broke down on Martha's Vineyard. No one was available to fix it. (They're very independent on those islands). He went back, pulled a few wires, prayed to God and it started.