• Hey Guest!
    British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!

    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)

tonight's question - timing

JPSmit

Moderator
Staff member
Silver
Offline
As mentioned elsewhere Ms Triss is finally much much less grumpy than she was. I do however believe she has timing issues. I haven't hooked up the timing gun yet but thought I would ask in order to be prepared.

1500 engine.
no vacuum hooked up
MGB HS4 SU carb

any thoughts about where the timing should be?
 
Timing is everything!

trapeze-2.jpg
 
Last edited:
Haynes says 10* at idle ish 650-800 RPM.

For the 1275 and the B-series in the MGB I do 32* at 3500 RPM or so, when all the advance is in from the distributor. Don't know if that also applies to the 1500.
 
Back
Top