• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Tigers and sparkplugs

Bruce Bowker

Obi Wan
Just curious - do I remember hearing that one must lift the engine slightly to change plugs and/ or was there a Mustang that one had to do this? I do recall there was some car that the plugs were not accessible unless the engine was raised.

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
The old "Big Block" Mustangs (390, 427, 428). Engine has to be jacked up a bit to change the rear plugs. A friend of mine has two 428 CorbaJet 'Stangs.
Older Rolls Royce cars (50s & 60s I think) have an access panel in the fender (behind the front tires) to change plugs.
Not sure about Tigers...but they don't look all that hard to change plugs.

OP
Bruce Bowker

Bruce Bowker

Obi Wan
It must have been the Mustang I was thinking of.

Thanks

Bob Claffie

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Tiger has a rubber bung in the firewall to simplify changing the last one or two plugs on the drivers side. Bob

daddytiger64

I found with a sparkplug socket and an open end wrench I can change each of plugs without a hassle or removing the firewall rubber plugs...and again doing it when the motor is cold is the way to go.

Paul