Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I removed the door panel on my TR4 when I installed new Waist Seals. Laying in the bottom of the door is a rod. Catalogs identify this rod as a "tie rod". I can't figure out how it attaches to anything. Anyone ever installed one?
Yes, it connects the bottom of the window channels front to back. There should be a small bracket at the bottom of each channel with a hole in the bracket. The rod goes between these two holes and holds the bottom of the channels together. I believe it is held in place by the window stop bracket. Find a drawing of the door internals and you'll see what I mean. Moss Catalogs should show the pieces.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.