• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Thought of the Day

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
1624628079954.png

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Is it just me? JP I'm only seeing a small grey strip across your post. (screenshot)

Screen Shot 2021-06-25 at 7.42.46 AM.jpg

EDIT: Disregard. Apparently it didn't;'t like the Zoom level I had my screen set at. I did the Comment + on the mac and all of the sudden the image popped in.

Last edited:

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
It shows up in grey on my MacBook as well. Changing the view + - didn't seem to make a difference.
Maybe it's 50 shades of grey? :giggle:

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
I see both the full image and the strip on Basil's post. The strip looks like the top of the full image, like it started then didn't finish loading.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I see both the full image and the strip on Basil's post. The strip looks like the top of the full image, like it started then didn't finish loading.
When I did Command + and Command - a few times, it suddenly showed up in full. Weird.

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Worked fine for me on Linux.

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Not sure all - it wasn't a screen shot but it was a copy/paste if that makes a difference.

LarryK

Yoda
Country flag
In Illinois you are supposed to turn on lights and wipers when raining. So surprising that the gray, black and silver cars don't, and they are the hardest to see in bad weather. Then with most of the new car sales being of these colors, no wonder we have more crashes as the texters can't see the other cars while driving.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
In Illinois you are supposed to turn on lights and wipers when raining. So surprising that the gray, black and silver cars don't, and they are the hardest to see in bad weather. Then with most of the new car sales being of these colors, no wonder we have more crashes as the texters can't see the other cars while driving.

If you use Rain-X,& don't use your wipers,
do you still need to use your headlights?

LarryK

Yoda
Country flag
Illinois law sates wilers and lights on during rain. Helps other people see you better. Years ago wife drove a Green LR Discovery, seems people always pulled out in front of her despite the brush guards. Told her to leave headlights on all the time, then people saw the invisible green truck.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Years ago wife drove a Green LR Discovery, seems people always pulled out in front of her despite the brush guards.
My new Kia Telluride is dark green (very dark). Thankfully the Telly has very distinctive constant-on daytime running lights. I suspect that without those people would not notice me coming in a lot of instances.

LarryK

Yoda
Country flag
I bought a 1997 Camel Trophy Discovery 1 XD in gold/yellow with the black trim and racks, kids call it a school bus, everyone sees it.

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
1625662161065.png