• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Thought of the Day

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
We'll have a cold snap tomorrow afternoon, dropping down into the low 70's.

...and Phil just announced six more weeks. Bundle up, Punxutawney!

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
GatorPrediction.jpg

JHaydon

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I worked at a dealership service department, and one junior tech had a peculiar habit of working with his lift very very low. So low, he had to lay on his back under the cars. It didn't take me long to catch on, but to this day I think the service manager was clueless.

Country flag
No kidding, had a boss at one point who liked to call when he knew you were headed home, or late at night or weekends and demand something, anything be done just so he could prove he was in charge. And now days with the company having moved lots of staff around the world I've been called in the middle of the night with those who tell me it's not night where they are so why aren't we working. Glad retirement isn't far away anymore.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
HowlBalloon.jpg

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I have strict no work policy when I'm at home. I don't answer emails or my phone if it is work.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I have a strict policy. I don’t answer my phone if I don’t recognize the number.
My iPhone automatically screens my calls. If it’s not a number I have called or if the number is not in my contacts, the call is silenced and goes to my voicemail. 99% of the time it’s spam.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
My iPhone automatically screens my calls. If it’s not a number I have called or if the number is not in my contacts, the call is silenced and goes to my voicemail. 99% of the time it’s spam.
That's exactly what I do. Only exceptions are if I know I'm expecting a call and don't want to miss it. For example, I ordered a new dishwasher recently and sometime tonight I should be getting a cal from the warehouse to confirm (or not) delivery tomorrow. Even though there is a risk of getting a spam call, I have turned that feature off temporarily so I don't miss that call.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
That's exactly what I do. Only exceptions are if I know I'm expecting a call and don't want to miss it. For example, I ordered a new dishwasher recently and sometime tonight I should be getting a cal from the warehouse to confirm (or not) delivery tomorrow. Even though there is a risk of getting a spam call, I have turned that feature off temporarily so I don't miss that call.
Yeah, I do exactly the same thing.