• Hey Guest!
    Yoda says: A FREE resource for the Little British Car community BCF is. Support us with an account upgrade, not many will (less than 1%) "Require" you to pay to play we don't, but if you find BCF helpful, appreciate no pop up ads, and want to ensure we stay online - Supporting us with an "optional" low-cost member upgrade you should. There are some benefits to upgrading!
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Seeing this UGLY banner, you won't)
Tips
Tips

Thought of the day-Innovative car repairs

I can't believe that - you have state troopers in California?

Extended-range Tesla:

extended range Tesla.jpg

Depending on where I'm at I will still pull off the CD players face and lock it up. In the summer I will put up my sun screen, the dash in my Miata is perfect and I would like to keep it that way. I don't bother with rolling up the windows, unless it is raining, and I have never had a club, was it called 'the club?'

Depending on where I'm at I will still pull off the CD players face and lock it up. In the summer I will put up my sun screen, the dash in my Miata is perfect and I would like to keep it that way. I don't bother with rolling up the windows, unless it is raining, and I have never had a club, was it called 'the club?'
was indeed called the club - I actually have one for the Midget, mostly for when I was overwintering it in a condo underground garage.

Last edited:
That looks like my first car, a Fiat 1100 D, with suicide front doors and 4 on the tree.
When I got it I only had a learners permit and fortunately had a friend who knew how to drive stick.
I had too much fun in that car and did a lot of things I shouldn't with it.
Like downshifting from 4th to 1st without regard to speed and ignoring the oil light.
My father saved my bacon twice, by doing the clutch job and rebuilding the bottom end.
Each time he told me what I did wrong and insisted I get involved with all aspects of the job.
He was the most expert mechanic I ever knew.
I sold the car when I got drafted, but the army sent me home the day of induction.
After that I had a long list of strange and wonderful cars.

That looks like my first car, a Fiat 1100 D, with suicide front doors and 4 on the tree.
When I got it I only had a learners permit and fortunately had a friend who knew how to drive stick.
I had too much fun in that car and did a lot of things I shouldn't with it.
Like downshifting from 4th to 1st without regard to speed and ignoring the oil light.
My father saved my bacon twice, by doing the clutch job and rebuilding the bottom end.
Each time he told me what I did wrong and insisted I get involved with all aspects of the job.
He was the most expert mechanic I ever knew.
I sold the car when I got drafted, but the army sent me home the day of induction.
After that I had a long list of strange and wonderful cars.
I had a Fiat 1100 in High School. It had been my sisterโ€™s. I used it as an auto mechanics learner in Auto Hobby shop. I think it was a 1959. I do recall it also had suicide doors. It was a fun little car.

I drove the familyโ€™s 61 Fiat 1200 and my cousin had a Hillman. We got a lot of laughs when we pulled into the drive-in until we challenged the jocks . I bet you canโ€™t drive it around the parking lot, oh yeh what do you want to bet, two burgers-fries-&- shakes.
We let the cheerleaders hold the money, I never lost and the cheer-leaders got a good laughs. If we thought someone had caught on and did some practice we switched to the Hillman. The 4 speed column shift was reversed with first and second next to the dash and third and fourth next to the steering wheel. No one could get it moving by trying to start in third.

Back