• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Those handy twin tubes of epoxy.

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
I really hate those handy twin tubes of epoxy adhesive. When you try to squirt out equal amounts of hardener and adhesive one side always starts first so you have too much of one or the other. Then when you try to put the cap back on the notch which is meant to prevent you gluing the cap on are so small they are very hard to see.
I try to get the separate tubes when I can. I am still capable of measuring out equal portions myself.

David

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
I really hate those handy twin tubes of epoxy adhesive. When you try to squirt out equal amounts of hardener and adhesive one side always starts first so you have too much of one or the other. Then when you try to put the cap back on the notch which is meant to prevent you gluing the cap on are so small they are very hard to see.
I try to get the separate tubes when I can. I am still capable of measuring out equal portions myself.

David
I couldn't agree more, it can be very frustrating.

OTOH if that is the most vexing thing in your life right now I totally envy you! :D :bananawave:

YakkoWarner

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Even if you get it to dispense evenly I found the stuff was not really what I expected from epoxy in terms of strength. A good marine epoxy like (West System) properly mixxed is crazy strong - the stuff in the dual tubes was a substantial disappointment.

JB-Weld seems to be pretty good (and way more affordable compared to the real marine grade) for a convenient tube based epoxy, but the clear twin tube stuff I don't even look at anymore.

Popeye

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
I bought some west system epoxy and pumps. Never looked back! Shelf life is just about eternal.

DocDup1

Country flag
I used all West Marine materials when restoring my 65 Corvette. They make great products and you can even glue stuff under water. I used that feature a lot last winter.

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I used all West Marine materials when restoring my 65 Corvette. They make great products and you can even glue stuff under water. I used that feature a lot last winter.
Wait. Why was your Corvette under water?