• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Wanted This entire web site moves like a glacier

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Hmmmm... You've made 15 posts in five years... :whistle:

And why did you post this in the Healey Classifieds?

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Mike, I'm sorry the forum isn’t up to your expectations. I can only provide this (free) platform, but I can't force people to participate or reply to your specific requests for parts. You posted this question in the "Healey Classifieds" which is not the right place for airing your concerns. The (Healey Classified) forum is for SELLING or trading Austin Healey related stuff (except Bug Eyes, which belongs in the Sprigets Classifieds) .

Like Mickey said, you have been a member for 5 years and only made a handful posts - all of them in the classifieds. Not once have you posted or participated in any discussions in the regular discussion forum, such as the Spridget forum).

I'd like to invite you to try also participating in the relevant discussion forum for your car (if you have a Bug Eye then you'd want to post in the "Spridget" discussion forum). Also, if you are looking for parts related to a Buy Eye, then the "Sprigets Classifieds" would be a better choice than Austin Healey (Even though a Bug Eye is technically a Healey, Spridgets is where we discuss Bug Eyes, which are part of the Sprigets group). Also, if you do post a "Wanted" post for parts in the "Sprigets Classifieds" you can also post a question about where to get parts in the regular Sprigets discussion forum. Many more people hang out there than in the "Classifieds."

If you engage in some of the ongoing discussions in our Sprigets forum you will find we are all a very friendly group here. One thing that sets BCF apart from other forums is that we moderate things here so that we don't have the flame wars and/or personal attacks that are all too common on other forums and places like Facebook. We are all about camaraderie and mutual respect here at BCF.

Regards,
Basil

PS: If you have any specific question about how to do thinks on the forum, feel free to PM me any time.

OP
M

mike clayton

Freshman Member
i MEAN NO DISRESPECT TO YOU bBASIL.I WAS SIMPLY REFERRING TO ALL THE MEMBERS OUT THERE WHO NEVER POST ANYTHING OR READ ANYTHING OR RESPOND TO ANY POSTS ,,IN PARTICULAR ,FOR PEOPLE LOOKING FOR PARTS ..ALL THEMBES HERE HAVE ENOUGH SPARE PARTS IN THEIR GARAGE AND CELLARS TO BUILD 100 BUG EYES .. nOT AIMED AT YOU BASIL..YOUARE DOING A GREAT JOB

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
i MEAN NO DISRESPECT TO YOU bBASIL.I WAS SIMPLY REFERRING TO ALL THE MEMBERS OUT THERE WHO NEVER POST ANYTHING OR READ ANYTHING OR RESPOND TO ANY POSTS ,,IN PARTICULAR ,FOR PEOPLE LOOKING FOR PARTS ..ALL THEMBES HERE HAVE ENOUGH SPARE PARTS IN THEIR GARAGE AND CELLARS TO BUILD 100 BUG EYES .. nOT AIMED AT YOU BASIL..YOUARE DOING A GREAT JOB

I understand your frustration, but if you engage with folks in the discussion forums and not just in the classifieds (which people don't always go into as often) you might have better luck. So post in the Sprigets Classifieds for sure, but also post a note in the Sprigets discussions forum too and ask if anyone knows where you can get X Y or Z parts. You might have better results from people engaging with you that way.