• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Think about this guy every time

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Was culling my iPhone images and ran across this one. I think about this poor guy every time I drive past this spot. A man and his daughter were pulling out onto Rt66 in a Uhaul and didn't see the oncoming motorcycle. The motor cycle rider was pronounced dead on the scene. (I've blurred the image as it's very graphic)

IMG_1185.jpg

Grantura_MKI

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
Had one like that a few weeks ago out here. The idiot that pulled in front of the biker took off!
Result was biker thrown 30 ft and dead at the seen. Motorist caught an hour later drunk.

charlie74

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I’ve been trying to do a lot more of my local travels either on foot or on my bike (depending on the weather etc) and I choose my moments to adhere to traffic control measures but i do it with a certain measure of caution and if there is other traffic at an intersection I will stop. At my age and level of fitness though, I can’t really be considered to be going fast!
It seems to me these days that we LBC enthusiasts can almost be compared to motorcyclists when you look around at the clones operating their giant barges that have such a suite of electronic nannies the driver doesn’t seem to be required to look through the windshield…because they generally aren’t.

sail

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
It's too bad you can't get that out of your mind. Horrors stick as well as joys. I walk my dog every morning past a 4' drain pipe which ends a mile away behind Quaker Oats. Frisby went down, 2 guys went after it during a downpour, both traveled thru the horrific tunnel and one lived. I give them both a nod, Mury marks the spot and we move on.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
That's really sad,yet avoidable.I don't think I'd want to be that kid's lawyer
It said that the kid just had a Leaner's permit.I'd assume that there was an older
person riding with him,as you aren't supposed to be able to drive yourself.
Here in Virginia,we have a lot of people (man of the m teenagers) getting
ejected from their vehicles due to not wearing a seat belt.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
That's really sad,yet avoidable.I don't think I'd want to be that kid's lawyer
It said that the kid just had a Leaner's permit.I'd assume that there was an older
person riding with him,as you aren't supposed to be able to drive yourself.
Here in Virginia,we have a lot of people (man of the m teenagers) getting
ejected from their vehicles due to not wearing a seat belt.
Did you see the video of the BMW sliding across the road?
Yes, you have to have an adult in the car and I believe only in daylight hours. My guess is that he had access to the car and the policeman’s death is the end result.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Reminds me of a Family of five (I think) who we re at the beach on the
Pacific Ocean.Their dog went into the water & had difficulty swimming.One of
the Family members went into to save the dog,& ended up drowning.This con-
tinued until they lost three members of their Family.
And the dog sFamily Drowningsurvived.......

sail

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
Reminds me of a Family of five (I think) who we re at the beach on the
Pacific Ocean.Their dog went into the water & had difficulty swimming.One of
the Family members went into to save the dog,& ended up drowning.This con-
tinued until they lost three members of their Family.
And the dog sFamily Drowningsurvived.......
I might look funny but I never go anywhere without my snorkel.