• Hi Guest! Being a Paying Supporter is NOT a requirement to participate at BCF. However, subscribing will help ensure we can continue to serve the LBC community for years to come. If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource...Please consider supporting us by **Upgrading**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this banner)
Tips
Tips

Thierry, just bought a 69 midget with oil leak.

thierry53

Freshman Member
Country flag
To introduce myself:
I am living in southern PA,USA, near the Maryland border.I am 63 years old and retired.
I sold my 73 citroen truckette a couple of years ago, and bought a midget 1275cc, 1969.
So, I have 2 more cylinders to deal with.
Anyway, oil leak at the crankshaft bearing (rear), from what I read it's pretty common, I just dont want
to pull the engine out. I will look at the negative pressure in the crank case first.
If there is anyone in my neighborhood, you are welcome to contact me.
Thanks.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Thierry - welcome to BCF.

I'd never even heard of a Citroen truckette until now. Did some googling, and discovered it's a 2CV Fourgonnette. Learn something new every day.

You're more likely to get some Midget-specific help if you post your question over in the Midget forum here:

Good to have you with us.
Tom M.

Last edited:
OP
T

thierry53

Freshman Member
Country flag
Thierry - welcome to BCF.

I'd never even heard of a Citroen truckette until now. Did some googling, and discovered it's a 2CV Fourgonnette. Learn something new every day.

You're more likely to get some Midget-specific help if you post your question over in the Midget forum here:

Good to have you with us.
Tom M.
thanks tom

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Welcome to BCF! As Tom mentioned - you will likely get all the help you can handle in our Spridgets forum. The fact you have an oil leak could only mean one thing - you have a British car :LOL: