Sorry, more questions on my 69 TR6. I posted an earlier thread on removing the bolt from the trunion. It was suggested that I just get new ones. I figured since I had nothing to lose, I drilled some more, heated it, and was able to knock the bolt out without damaging the trunion. I checked, and it fits snug into the bottom of the threads on the verticle link. The hole the pivot bolt fits into is still nice and tight. The only thing I am not sure about is the surface on either side of the trunion. I sanded it lightly to show the wear. Is this wear acceptable, or am I out of luck and in need of replacement? I can see now why every one warned me how expensive a front end rebuild can be. If I do need a trunion replacement, can someone offer me a source? I have seen a wide variety of prices, but only TRF states theirs is forged rather than cast. The others do not say. Any help would greatly be appreciated.
Kevin
Kevin
Hey Guest!
