• Hey Guest!
    British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!

    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)

The only way is up.......

M_Pied_Lourd

Darth Vader
Offline
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to give a quick update on my 3A restoration. Finally got around to painting the frame. After alot of griding, wire brushing/sanding/cleaning etc, I finished it with 3 coats of POR15 and 2 coats of POR15 Chassis Coat Black.

From here, the only way is up!

img_0340.jpg


img_0357.jpg


Off to the garage to do some bead blasting of the rear suspension components.....will start there first.

Cheers,
M. Pied Lourd
 
Looks great... It's good to finally get the chassis done, as this part of the car always seems to be the dirtiest, scungiest part of the project.
 
Very nice..... Soon no more grease to deal with!
 
"Here we go again",huh, MPL ? I don't know how you guys do it..I'm sure you'll have another real gem there.
 
Pied-

Very nice!

Can you tell me how much paint that took to complete the task? I was about to order some material, but have a poor idea of the quantity required.

Also, what were your thoughts on number of coats for coverage? Did you find the base coat was too thin for one application?

Thanks!
Randy
 
Hi Randy,

I bought a quart of each POR15 and the POR15 Chassis Coat Black. I would say that I have about 1/4 of a quart left in each can.

You need to do a minimum of two thin coats of the POR15 (recommended on their website). Based on my experience, I would do a minimum of 2 as well.

This chart might help you out.

https://www.por15canada.com/how_much.htm

Cheers,
M. Pied Lourd
 
PB,

I am determined to spend less money than I did on my 6! :smile:

Cheers,

M.Pied Lourd
 
Pied.- Now's the time for some Waxoyl in the frame.
 
Hi Don,

Thanks, already got it covered. Went with penetrol.

Cheers,
M. Pied Lourd
 
Tom,

Will trade services....I will do your frame if you do my welding....deal? :cheers:

Cheers,
M. Pied Lourd
 
Won't be long and the chassis will be done and time for the body. Looks great, keep up the good work.
 
Very nice!! Soon the tub, then drive!!
 
Back
Top