• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

The only thing worse…

Basil

Administrator
Boss
We have a cat that’s a real mouser. The only thing worse than finding a mouse she’s killed in the hallway is finding just the head of the mouse she killed. Yuck! Ick! :pukeface:

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
Lysa has only brought one mouse home as a present. Yesterday, she was after a lizard. It got up into a bush where she couldn't find it but I spotted it a while later and grabbed the camera. The lizard survived (at least that encounter).
DSC_7534.jpg

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
My cat, Merlin, has a habit if leaving me presents. The worst instance of this was that he once left the ass end of a mouse in one of my ex-wife's slippers. Look at that smug face.

Resized_20210721_165824.jpeg

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
The guy in the box on the left of this post was named Merlyn. So named as he would be in one room, you could go to another and somehow without being seen to pass you, he would be in that one too.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
So named as he would be in one room, you could go to another and somehow without being seen to pass you, he would be in that one too.
Our culprit is named "Blue" (for obvious reasons). She was a stray that kept coming to our backdoor until one very cold morning I felt sorry for her and let her in. She does the same thing. I can't tell you how many times I've opened the master bath's walk-in closet only to have her come running out! She follows me in and proceeds to hide under the hanging cloths, then I end up closing her in.

IMG_4076 copy.jpg

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Merlin likes to play with his mice in the tub. He's figured out that they can't scurry out if it so if he's not hungry can play with them in there and then leave them half dead and come back for them later. This means that every once in awhile you'll go into the head and hear scratching coming from the tub.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
All our indoor cats have passed, now just the "occasional cats" here. Fed well now and indulged. Lucy, Fred and Ethel. The girl cats are the real hunter-killers, Ethel is the huntress: Birds, mice, squirrels. Been calling her "The Ethelator." Adorable, but deadly. Fred just eats and observes, lets the ladies do all the work.

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
The guy in the box on the left of this post was named Merlyn. So named as he would be in one room, you could go to another and somehow without being seen to pass you, he would be in that one too.
Lysa is not so much a magician as an analyst. She's got my routine down so well that when I open the fridge in the morning coffee ritual she gets up and goes to her backpack in the living room. Next to where I get on the computer. That's just one example.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
I used to play hide and seek with our cat Sunny. I would say "OK Sunny. I'm going to hide now' Find me" and would run upstairs and get into the bathtub. Less than 2 minutes later, he would appear on the edge of the tub peeping in at me. Never once failed to find me. He would also accompany me on walks, running ahead and jumping out at me from behind a bush. He once bit my leg when I allowed Spooky - a neighbor's cat - to eat out of his bowl. Spooky was bigger and tougher. Sunny just sat there, his tail swishing from side to side watching Spooky eat. After I let Spooky out of the kitchen, Sunny went to the door and meowed to go out. As I opened the door, he grabbed my leg and gave me a good bite before departing. Jealous and mad that I let another cat use his dish. Quite a character.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
We have a cat that’s a real mouser. The only thing worse than finding a mouse she’s killed in the hallway is finding just the head of the mouse she killed. Yuck! Ick! :pukeface:
The advantage of having indoor cats. Ours is constantly leaving 'presents' - Beenie Babies :smile: - she brings them up to the bedroom all night and down to the living room all day. the only slight problem is she then crys like a baby till we notice and tell her what a good kittie she is.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
JP, how many a day are you talking about?
typically the same three or four :smile: - this just the one cat. The other cat only occasionally does it and always with the same stuffie.

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
I had to go back and re-read your post. I thought you were talking about live mice. The crying may be she wants to play with you. I bought a spinning tail type toy for Lysa which she likes. This one is from Kong, but I'm sure others make them.