• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

The new KIA badge

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
The new Kia Badge is getting a lot of discussion on a Telluride forum I frequent. Some people love it and some people hate it (I'm in the latter category). But when I first saw it, I thought it reminded me of something I'd seen somewhere else, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. Then, while going through some of my son's old CDs, it hit me! That's what it reminded me of - the logo for the band "Nine Inch Nails." Below are some pictures of the Telluride with the current (Pre-2022) badge, and then the new 2022 KIA badge. Below that I'll post images of the new KIA badge along with the NIN logo.

kia 2021.jpg
Kia 2022.jpg

Here is the new KIA badge with the NIN logo below it. Am I right that the KIA badge looks a lot like the NIN logo?

kia-new-logo-20210106-2-scaled-e1610036501647-1024x337.jpg

nine-inch-nails-logo.jpg

YakkoWarner

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I think the older style bage is more classy. It also hurts to hear that NIN was in the "old" CDs pile.....I remember when they got a big boost in notoriety by doing the in-game music for the original Quake, and in the game some of the objects you needed to collect (appropriately enough it was ammo for the gun that shot nails) had the NIN logo on them. Do I guess I should put myself in the "old" pile as well....

Bob McElwee

Jedi Warrior
Gold
Country flag
I prefer the old also but the new one doesn’t bother me that much.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I was thinking you meant a different K.I.A when opening the thread
I could never figure why the name was ever brought into the country in the first place. They could have modified it as Datsun has.
"Kia means to rise or come up out of Asia."

Country flag
I think the older style bage is more classy. It also hurts to hear that NIN was in the "old" CDs pile.....I remember when they got a big boost in notoriety by doing the in-game music for the original Quake, and in the game some of the objects you needed to collect (appropriately enough it was ammo for the gun that shot nails) had the NIN logo on them. Do I guess I should put myself in the "old" pile as well....

When the stuff that is playing on the radio as oldies, was new when you were in your 40s....

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I could never figure why the name was ever brought into the country in the first place. They could have modified it as Datsun has.
"Kia means to rise or come up out of Asia."
So combining the meaning of Kia in Korean with the the meaning of K.I.A. here in the states you could have the makings of a zombie flick.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag

3798j

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
Here's some KIA trivia...In 1973 we bought, sight unseen, 29 KIA Sports (their 10 spd. drop handlebar bicycle) for resale. In the U.S. we were experiencing a bicycle boom and there was an extreme shortage of bicycles. Bike shops were desperate for product. Back then we sold two well respected lines...the English, Raleigh, and the Japanese Fuji. Compared to them, the KIA was a joke...even the cardboard carton they were packaged in was poorly made. They worked, but were heavy, badly painted, poorly chromed and had the flimsiest decals ever seen. They sold quickly (that's how crazy things were) but I was embarrassed to show them. It's remarkable how far the company has come and what quality vehicles they now produce.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Here's some KIA trivia...In 1973 we bought, sight unseen, 29 KIA Sports (their 10 spd. drop handlebar bicycle) for resale. In the U.S. we were experiencing a bicycle boom and there was an extreme shortage of bicycles. Bike shops were desperate for product. Back then we sold two well respected lines...the English, Raleigh, and the Japanese Fuji. Compared to them, the KIA was a joke...even the cardboard carton they were packaged in was poorly made. They worked, but were heavy, badly painted, poorly chromed and had the flimsiest decals ever seen. They sold quickly (that's how crazy things were) but I was embarrassed to show them. It's remarkable how far the company has come and what quality vehicles they now produce.
I still have my wife’s Panasonic bicycle that we bought in the ‘80’s.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I know I'm probably the only one in this crowd that listens to NIN...
Not really a NIN fan but a few of their tunes are pretty good and Johhny Cash's cover of "Hurt" is one of my all time favorites.

equiprx

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
The new Kia Badge is getting a lot of discussion on a Telluride forum I frequent. Some people love it and some people hate it (I'm in the latter category). But when I first saw it, I thought it reminded me of something I'd seen somewhere else, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. Then, while going through some of my son's old CDs, it hit me! That's what it reminded me of - the logo for the band "Nine Inch Nails." Below are some pictures of the Telluride with the current (Pre-2022) badge, and then the new 2022 KIA badge. Below that I'll post images of the new KIA badge along with the NIN logo.

View attachment 71680 View attachment 71681

Here is the new KIA badge with the NIN logo below it. Am I right that the KIA badge looks a lot like the NIN logo?

Looks like KN to me.
I'm a retired typographer so I'm strict.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
How do you pronounce KN? :devilgrin: