• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

The History Channel?

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
The History channel was history 25 years ago, my wife would always tease me and ask why I was watching another show about WWII when I knew how it ended. The men who built America a few years back was pretty good, not so much about the people but about how railroads,kerosene, electricity, etc., changed how people lived.

Do you remember they also did one hour shows about cars, including Austin Healey and Jaguar? I recorded most of them on VHS-wanted to keep them, wife kept making noises about how we didn't have a VHS player and never would again, the mysterious workings of the female brain (ha ha). (Edit: VHS, not DVD)

Last edited:

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Not to hijack this thread but the Motor Trend (former Velocity) Channel has really been dumbed down. Junkyard cars, etc. I stopped watching some time ago.

OP
NutmegCT

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
David - you've been posting about YouTube videos often. Could your "irritating YouTube issues" problem be a result of watching more YT videos than usual?

Tom M.

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
I watch you tube because I can chose the subjects and sometimes you can learn something. TV has sunk so low I find it unwatchable now.

Not watching more than usual. It seems that things have changed in the last few weeks.

David

PC

Obi Wan
Country flag
VHS tapes can be converted to DVD, but they won't look any better.

But at least they'll be playable on equipment you can still get reasonably easily. And disks are a lot easier to use than tapes anyway.

Plus, they'll be easy to transfer to whatever form of digital storage becomes the norm down the line.

PC

Obi Wan
Country flag

Not surprisingly, it appears it was entirely deliberate.

Sad, but with the cadre of YouTube creators dedicated to actual history we'll have plenty to keep us occupied.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
The IH truck, the mighty V model, at 2:12 in that video about where The History channel went wrong is the same model as the one the hood was stolen from in the Mongrel thread in the humor section.