• This "Local Events" forum is expressly for posting local events that would be of interest to British car enthusiasts. You post an event in the same way that you would post a regular thread. Be sure your event post includes:
    • Title of the Event
    • Location of Event
    • Date(s) of the Event
    • Point of contact for Event
    • Website, Facebook Link, etc., if available
    IMPORTANT: Be sure to add the event to our Events Calendar. It's easy - WATCH VIDEO to learn how.
  • The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

The Gathering, N.C.

Added to Calendar: 04-22-22, 04-23-22, 04-24-22

Jayplum

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
This event is rain or shine April 22, 23,24

This event is one of the best we attend each year. It is open to all British marques; featured this year is the TVR.

The event is put on by the TCOC, Trumph Club of the Carolinas. Over the years they have had 500+/- cars entered. In the past couple years it have dropped to mid 300s; due to weather, Covid, etc.

The event includes Blue Ridge tour, auction (car stuff(, Ladies night out, Participants car show, Saturday night BBQ, and a tasting at the local Winery. The event is held between the local Hampton Inn and the grounds of that Vineyard - Shelton Vineyards. Both are located near Dobson, NC which is just off Rt77 20 minutes south of Va. state line.

There is both information of this event at the club web site and a registration form.

This is a wonderful event we must support there are few left of this caliber.

Last edited:
OP
Jayplum

Jayplum

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
This is a three day event with Friday being the Blue Ridge tour and a chance to meet and greet while checking everyone else's car and the auction with beer and pizza supplied.
Saturday is the main event on the grounds of the vineyard with BBQ.
Sunday is laid back and travel to home.

More info: > Triumph Club of the Carolinas <

Last edited by a moderator:

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I'm planning on attending Saturday,but not sure if I'll
enter my car ("Twenty Footer").

OP
Jayplum

Jayplum

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
The Gathering? April 22-24. Most of us only stay for Saturday and leave afterwards normally around 3PM. But the drive there is about 3 hours using highways, a bit more on back roads. It can be done in one day. We tend to enjoy Friday evening social aspect.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I'm planning on going down to Floyd (VA),& have breakfast at
Tuggle's Gap (just off of the Blue Ridge Parkway (they open at 7AM),
then down Hamburg St,to Rockford St to Cody Trail,Union Cross,
to Welcome View Church Road to Twin Oaks to Cabernet Lane.

Aren't you glad you asked?

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
That's the plan for now,but could possibly change.

OP
Jayplum

Jayplum

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
Is there a group meeting to caravan down.
just finished the rebuild from the piston failure and don’t have sufficient outings to feel comfortable on a long trip
I’m going anyway.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
No - most are going down on Friday,& coming
back on Sunday.