• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

The FJ Criusers are here

Bret

Yoda
BTW I saw one of the FJ Cruisers today. It was kind of a creamy silver color with the white top. Not bad but as you said a heck of a lot different looking than the photos do.

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
... “Borg Scout Ship” styling of Scion XB & Honda Element have managed to achieve the broad generational appeal they have. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

simple... the sales people are borg as well, and they have assimilated the buyers... Resistance is futile!

OP
Banjo

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
Bret, I was gonna say that the appeal comes from the inside out. you gotta go get in one, try it out, then you'll see why. That "Box" shape makes for an amazing amount of interior room for such a small car.
But I like Nunyas answer better.

Bret

Yoda
[ QUOTE ]
Bret, I was gonna say that the appeal comes from the inside out. you gotta go get in one, try it out, then you'll see why. That "Box" shape makes for an amazing amount of interior room for such a small car.
But I like Nunyas answer better.

[/ QUOTE ]
Come-on guys, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif your’ killing me. This is beginning to sound like my ex-wife who was always trying to set one of my friends up with her “homely” friends. Who’d say something like this, “Oh you’re friend would love my friend Susan, she’s got a great personality & loves kids?” To wit I’d usually respond with;” yea, I know honey, but she’s got a face that’d make a freight train jump the track & take a dirt road.” /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

D

Deleted member 3577

[ QUOTE ]
Borg Scout Ship

[/ QUOTE ]
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

G

[ QUOTE ]
” yea, I know honey, but she’s got a face that’d make a freight train jump the track & take a dirt road.”

[/ QUOTE ]

scared0018.gif

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I'm ambivilent... I drive SPORTSCARS.

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
I love my MGB... but every now and then I *do* get a hankerin' for some off roadin' ... it's then that the old school FJs, Willies, and even DRMO'ed M-151A jeep-like vehicles (the ones the Corps was just getting around to retiring while I was in Oki) look mighty appealin' to me...

I had a Willys, and in 1st gear in 4low you could get out and pass the car walking. It would crawl anywhere. Cool jeep - I wish my dad hadn't sold it out from under me. He bought it for $50, I drove it for a short while, then tore it down and started restoring it. Rebuilt the engine (new rings, and bearings, etc), the brake system, the fuel system, and started on the body... I put about $400-500 into it. I ran out of money, but basically the tub just needed to be put back on, and it would've been a daily driver. I let it sit a couple months, and he sold it for $200 to get it out of the yard. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
oof!

His name was on the bill of sale, so he had the right... I had just moved in here, and thought I might get in trouble for having an "unnassembled" car here. After about 2 months, he sold it to some guys at his work that knew he had it. I just hope they realized that it just needed put back together, and a very few electronics.

VitSport6

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
No worries, I drive one too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif I just like to pile the family into the FJ40 or FZJ80 and head to Moab, UT.

G

Every now and again I really, really miss my Wrangler. Usually happens on bright sunny days when I see a fire trail running into some nice looking woods. I had a 95 YJ (bought in fall of 94), it was my first new car. Drove it for almost 10 years as my daily driver and had very few issues with it. That Jeep 4.0 liter I6 is virtually bulletproof. Only problem it ever had was a leaky rear diff, which I got the dealership to replace even though it was 2K miles out of the warranty period. They didn't even look at it, just replaced the entire rear axle assembly, brake drum to brake drum. Other than that she was a great vehicle. Summer days with the doors off and the bikini top, drove it all the way to Florida that way one year.

jeep4.jpg

VitSport6

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
If I didnt say it before, Congrats! I like the black, At SEMA they had a real nice green one almost an Olive drab. The PO looks to have a 72 Landcruiser
If you arent already a mamber have a look here for more FJC/landcruiser fun
https://forum.ih8mud.com
Hope you enjoy it!

VitSport6

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Im still trying to find a way to post a pic without a host....
FJ40 web page
If this works this this is what ours are.
#1 '71 FJ40 with stuff
#2 '94 FZJ80 as seen on ebay
Always nice to see other people enjoying the hills /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

VitSport6

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
There you go and ruin all my misery...Thanks!

EDIT
Both of the pic's above I no longer have on my computer, They are obviously from another site I frequent

EDIT
I dont know IF that is any better?

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
118009536_6c24bcc51c_o.jpg

How'd I do that? Just go to "all sizes" just above the picture frame, and it will give you web link to that particular photograph, and if applicable you can choose between the different sizes on that screen

VitSport6

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Sorry for the hijack everyone, James Im having issues with posting the actual pic, When posting here do I use the URL or Image button in the UBBcode?
I have tried a few different ways, Im just not getting it, This whole host thing is new to me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Thanks for all your patience /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/savewave.gif