• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

MGB The 72 Is Possibly Sold

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Money hasn't changed hands yet, but all looks good. He's flying in from Texas this week to pick up the car.
I'm going to miss this little beauty, but she's going to a good home in Austin. PJ

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Be sure he hooks up with us here on the forum.

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Good news -- sad to be passing it on, but it's always nice to have these things done so you can move on.

Rut

Obi Wan
Country flag
Paul,
Ive lusted after that car from the first time I saw it! The buyer is getting one heck of a deal.
Rut

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
The fellow is flying up on Friday night, renting a UHaul truck and trailer Saturday morning, coming to my place and pick the car up. Airfare and rentals, plus gas and tolls had to come up to $1000. He wants this car bad. Funny, because he's a Porsche guy and owns one of them. Said he's always wanted a nice MG, but not build one. He'll have one in a couple days for sure! :sorrow: PJ

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Congratulations, Paul!

Just curious here: How did he hear about the car?

Mickey

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
I mentioned it on another forum Mickey which he looks at once in a while, he PMs me, we got together on the phone and the rest is history. Lots of info passed in email also. I think the car is going to have a very good home which is comforting to know! :encouragement: PJ

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Money well spent for an excellent car.

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
The Car's being picked up this morning by it's new caretaker. He frequents the MG Experience forum, but he's been told about the BCF. PJ

Rut

Obi Wan
Country flag
Paul,
Post some going away pictures and encourage him to join BCF. This is a very knowledgable group who prides itself on really trying to help one another.
Rut

max71

I agree with Rut. I was on another forum for many years and I got tired of pettiness and incredibly wrong information being pushed. While this board is not as active, the members are more mature about advice and giving the proper answers.

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Well, Here's the cars new caretaker, Tom Lee from Austin Texas and a Saying Goodbye shot!
Because he couldn't get a truck trailer combo to carry it back, he drove it from here to Austin! Got an email this morning saying that he had no problems with the car at all on the trip. Knowing the car as I do, that wasn't a surprise. PJ

Rut

Obi Wan
Country flag
Tom looks like a very happy camper! Beautiful place Paul...country car going to the city!
Rut

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Looks like a very happy new owner, as he should be!

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
It's already strange to look where it's been parked for quite some time and not being there. Sort of an empty feeling. It is an empty feeling! Even though it will be well taken care of, I miss it already. I never mentioned before, but I had two people who wanted the car, but because of first impressions, bad vibes and money was not the reason for selling, I refused to sell it to them! No, I'm not a snob, I just take pride in my work. :encouragement: PJ

Rut

Obi Wan
Country flag
I had two people who wanted the car, but because of first impressions, bad vibes and money was not the reason for selling, I refused to sell it to them! No, I'm not a snob, I just take pride in my work. :encouragement: PJ[/QUOTE]

Paul,
You have a ton of admiration for that!
Rut

Jasper53

Freshman Member
Paul --

I am having a great time with the "new" car. It is currently sitting in the garage with its cover protecting the paint. I have washed it twice in the last week. It's only been waxed once (don't worry, pure carnauba - no abrasives). Everything is working great. Cindy and I went for a ride this morning. I have joined the forum and I'll start posting. Looking forward to meeting everyone "electronically".

My first club meeting is on Tuesday at a nearby restaurant. Don't think that Cindy will go, but I'm looking forward to going.

Remember, you can visit anytime! I will post some pictures of its new home in the next few days. Talk with you soon.

Tom

Rut

Obi Wan
Country flag
Tom,
weclome to BCF! You've got a mighty fine MGB as you well know and don't be a stranger!
Rut