Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I have a "Fluke" brand multimeter (simple Volts-Amps-Ohms version) - not the cheapest, but really worth it. Available at Sears I believe.
We used these for our lab lessons when I was in University (Electrical Engineering) and so they are pretty indistructable. Exposing them to a bunch of hapless Engineering students is a sure way to find out if something will break or not!
As I remember, the "base" Fluke digital runs around $100 - but it is worth 5 of those $20 Sears meters (IMHO). They are auto-ranging (i.e. will automatically set themselves to the right scale, so less likely to fry), fused, and ultra-reliable. You do get what you pay for!
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.