• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Team Healey at Lime Rock -1990

wangdango

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
I was there for that, (not racing as car was not finished). Remember talking to Charlie Gibson who was running the Festival, seems the boys from across the pond liked to go into Big Bend 3 abreast and the corner workers were scared for their lives.... So, he went over after a practice session and talked to John Chattham, (who was drinking a beer!), John's reply to Charlie, "when they see me coming, tell em to close their eyes!" Fun times!

AN6-TX

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
SVRA made all the "first timers" (everyone from overseas) where Rookie Stripes on their cars. There were quite a few racers that were "surprised" as they got out-driven, out-braked, and out-run by the rookies from the other side!!

The AHCA used to see a VHS tape containing footage from all the races in the series (> 2 Hrs worth I think). I don't know if anyone ever transferred it to DVD or not. Needless to say, its a pretty awesome movie...

BoyRacer

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
It was quite a production. Eight Brits and one German. I was there for it all and competed in all of the races for the American side - "Team Healey USA". It was one of the most memorable times of my life.

dougie

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
It was quite a production. Eight Brits and one German. I was there for it all and competed in all of the races for the American side - "Team Healey USA". It was one of the most memorable times of my life.

Come on Richard, I've never known you to be shy. Let's hear some race stories............... better yet, after race stories:eagerness:

Richard's #466 battle wagon.

attachment.php

OP
HealeyRick

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I crewed for Bob Wilson's 100 at Lime Rock. Sneaked my bugeye out for a couple of laps around the track during workers' rides, went to a great party at John Colgate's house where I got to hang out with Burt Levy and the late Ron Yates of "The Dipstick Digest' and generally enjoyed one of the best weekends ever. Racing was really great and I can understand why Richard has great memories of the whole series.

AN6-TX

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
Although I was not old enough to legally drive, I witnessed the Challenge at Blackhawk Farms (IL) and Watkins Glen. Tom Colby's Sprite gave the big boys a good run for their money at BHF (which is a nice little track). If I am not mistaken, the Wild West Racing boys (Phil Coombs and Dan Pendergraft) gave the Brits a good run at Watkins Glen (until it rained on Sunday).

For a kid that was (and still is) awestruck by all things Healey, these races were nothing short of amazingly awesome!!

pan

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I'm jealous! But I did get to see Denis Welch in an 'all Healey' race at Mount Panorama(Bathurst) in '98. Local Peter Hopwood gave him serious competition.

DerekJ

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Healey Drivers International just had an all Healey race last weekend at Silverstone on the full Grand Prix track. Grid was 25 cars, we had hoped for a few more, but that did include two original 100S's. Brave owners. There was some fantastic racing at the sharp end. It went down to the last corner when Anders Schildt passed Jeremy Welch right at the end of the Wellington straight (right in front of the BRDC!), and somehow held it round the last two corners to win the race. Far more exciting than the F1 British Grand Prix will be next week!

John Chatham's sons, Oliver and Jack shared their dad's old car and drove to an excellent 3rd place and posted the second fastest lap.

dougie

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Derek -

That's great to hear, should be good for Anders' business as well. Sorry to hear about your "off".