• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR2/3/3A Taiwanese Trunnions

2long

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
I ordered a pair of trunnions from TRF for my Doretti rebuild, which has much the same front end suspension as the TR2. I consider TRF to be pretty good at providing the highest quality new parts, even if they may not be the cheapest.

I was a little surprised to see the ones they supplied are made in Taiwan. Does anyone have any reviews, good or bad, of the TRF trunnions that they sell?

Cheers

Dan

mrv8q

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Don't know about the trunnions, but Charles has written in the past about his long time business relationship with his Taiwanese supplier.

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
At the risk of pointing out the obvious, Taiwan is not China. Anyway, I've been quite happy with the trunnions I got from TRF back in 2008 (tho I don't know if they were from Taiwan or not).

charleyf

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
I have been using them on my cars for some time now. I find them to be good. In the case of TRF and their Taiwan suppliers. I have found that Charles is able to maintain a high quality standard. It is one thing to get parts from a supplier and in this case I do believe it is an exclusive supplier to TRF. This has been a common business practice at TRF-- to enlist exclusive manufacturers for many of their parts. And yes many of those parts do come from Taiwan.
Charley