Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Car runs great, but I get black splatter out my exhuast pipes. Despite using the piston lift/RPM method of adjusting mixture, my guess is that I'm too rich. I'm 14 flats down on each jet. Too much?
Maybe I'm misinterpreting your choice of words, but "splatter" would imply black moisture, which is normal for the first few seconds on a cold choked start. ??
Condensation and a little carbon out the tail pipe when cold is normal enough.
I believe most SU tuners recommend 12 flats as a starting point when tuning from scratch and that has always been too rich on my car.
However, if it runs great and is crisp at take off.....
If you go easier on the choke, you'll get less carbon. But the water is perfectly normal; in fact it's there all the time but usually it's invisible vapor.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.