Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Close, but this has an auto-choke and mine are manual. I really want a detailed parts diagram like this one, and ideally showing the other side as well, but for the CDSEV (the "V" is for the float vent valve mechanism):
There's a cutaway photo & info related to the vent valve beginning on page 28.
If I can find anything else I'll post it, but don't hold your breath. I think I may have seen an exploded photo of the thermostatic choke somewhere.
It's been mentioned before, just remember that Joe Curto is a lot of help if you want to get him on the phone. He's pretty much seen it all & has good resources. Often on the phone I've heard him looking through crusty old parts manuals for less-common parts numbers.
Weren't the thermostatic chokes more common on the late single-carb Spitfires?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.