• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

strange litter

TexasKnucklehead

Jedi Knight
Country flag
So, it's Memorial day and I'm driving about 75mph in the TR6 with the top down on the comparatively empty Sam Houston Parkway (Beltway 8) in the early afternoon. I am in the 2nd from leftmost lane as I pass a pick-up truck on my right and am simultaneously overtaken by a BMW on my left. A large Styrofoam cup appears, presumably from under one of the cars, or the shoulder. The cup enters my car from the drivers side window and gently brushes against the back of my head as it floats across the car. The cup tries to exit the passenger window, but gets caught by the wind and gracefully glides across the inside of the windscreen, bumping the rear view mirror, and tries to exit the drivers window. This cycle repeats, twice, as my wife and I stare at it circling behind and in front of us. Then, as suddenly as it appeared, it vanished. I don't think the entire event took longer than a minute, but it sure was weird.

I never throw things out the window, but rarely have them throw themselves in, and out.

D

Deleted member 8987

When I was a kid, we drove up to Lancaster California for a big family get together. My aunt's folks drove up in their requisite DeSoto....neither smoked.....and they were there about 15 minutes and we all ran outside to put the fire in the back seat out.
Someone out on the Sierra Highway had p[itched a cigarette, came into their open window, lodged in the back seat.

sd80mac7204

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
As we were riding in the Spitfire the other day with the top up but the rear window unzipped, my fiance discovered she could reach out the rear window and touch the top of the top. She had a ball of paper that she set on the top and it would blow off and then get sucked in through the open window. ADHD at it's finest...

TR4nut

Yoda
Country flag
The wind currents in these cars can be interesting - I've had to train myself not to try and catch the wayward receipt that comes loose - it will get pulled off the floor then do the same kind of dance you mention. Better to ignore if possible and keep your eyes on the road :smile:

Country flag
I was sitting in the BACK seat of my wife's 318i as we were going down the city streets of Chicago. The sun roof was open as usual. As we drove under a viaduct - aka a bridge for non Chicagoans - I felt something hit my chest. I looked down and what do I see but a pidgeon pattie! What are the odds of THAT happening!?? And remember, I was sitting in the back seat.That has to be the most unexpected thing I've had come through a window.

mallard

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
I hope your going to put that on YouTube.