• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Still another EBAY scam?

roofman

Jedi Knight

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Interesting - a Massachusetts car with "no rust". Seller reachable only by email.

Also interesting - seller has over 4000 ebay transactions, with a 99% positive feedback rating. And has 24 cars for sale on ebay right now, *each one for $8800*.

Hmmmm.

Tom

DART

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
I seriously doubt a seller with over 4,000 positive feedbacks is trying to scam a car. It has a Massachusetts title, which could explain the snow pics. The details of the descript and the openness of the contact info make me believe him. But, I'm a sucker for red cars. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/angel.gif

DART

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
I didn't look at the "other items" list. I think someone has hijacked his ID, Shelby Cobra replicas don't sell for 8,800, nor do many of the other cars listed. I TAKE IT ALL BACK, IT'S A SCAM! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif

terriphill

Darth Vader
OOOOH! I want the 1967 Camaro for $8800 and the Corvette too! Wow! I could even get a chevelle? All just $8800 each! I think I wil click on his link and give him any info he wants. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazyeyes.gif

kodanja

Obi Wan
Country flag
Pedros on my Favorite sellers list!

StagByTriumph

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
roofman said:
https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Tri...tegoryZ80757QQihZ001QQitemZ110116843211QQrdZ1
Let's see- private auction
+ lister in California
+ Picture of car in snow

It is good to be cautious and all, cast a jaundis eye, look a gift horse in the mouth, Caveat Emptor and all that, but are you saying it does not snow in California? /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif

Ever hear of Lake Tahoe, California? or the Sierra Nevada Mountain Range? Manmouth Mountain Ski Area? Yosemite National Park? Something like 9 world class California ski areas that a few were still skiing in mid April.

I would not discount it on that alone, but he does have an awful LOT of cars for sale ...

OP
roofman

roofman

Jedi Knight
It hasn't snowed where I live in South Carolina in about 18 years. Look at his past sales, he sells womens clothes, and pottery also.

Bruce Bowker

Obi Wan
A bunch of us are bidding such cars up into the millions just to irritate the scammer. It works.

Bruce

DieselBrad673

Friend of mine put pics of his Trans Am on several automotive web sites. Its been on Ebay 3 times although he never put it there.
I keep thinking it would be neat to photoshop a old Ford Flathead V8 in the engine bay. The scammers who dont know better would bust themselves for claiming its a Pontiac V8.

OP
roofman

roofman

Jedi Knight
That ebayer has a slew of classic cars for sale some parked in front of buildings , some in front of cactus. he has a whopping 1 feedback from selling a hand mixer. Most of these are under 10k. Isn't the internet wonderfull?

OP
roofman

roofman

Jedi Knight
Last night for a while there was a listing for Tr6 for sale that only showed a picture of a naked nubile girly bending over. That seller had a bunch of cars listed but only pictures of this naked girl.
There was no buy it now though, or I may have bid. She was a looker.

StagByTriumph

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Like the Monkey's sang -

"Then I saw her face, now Im a believer
Not a trace of doubt in my mind."
/bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/nopity.gif

Looks like a scammer to me!

Guess I'll bid now ... /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/nonod.gif

StagByTriumph

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
OHHHHH,

NOW I understand.

That AIN'T snow, its "SNOW" snort, snort /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif

guzzul

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
The "Click Here" link takes you off ebay to a 'marketmeonline' page.

This one won't be there long.

I guess its a constant churn for ebay. I am still surprised that they can't screen these out. I'm thinking when ebay allowed sellers to have external links to host your own photos they opened the door to a whole lot of other problems like this.