• Hey Guest!
    British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!

    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)

Steering shaft Thread

Probably takes special gears to get 27 tpi (which is an uncommon pitch). I don't think the quick change on my old Atlas will do them either, even though it has something like 50 different pitches. Here's a page I just found that might help
https://www.chaski.org/homemachinist/viewtopic.php?t=81298
You forced me to think. By setting up the lathe to cut metric threads, I found that .95 mm pitch is within .0005" of the pitch of a 27 tpi thread.
Berry
 
Back
Top