• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Steelworker

Steelworker

Freshman Member
Country flag
Thanks for accepting me.
A long story short.
All started a very long time ago with Motorcycles
(British of course) Matchless, Norton, Rickman Enfield, Seeley Norton.
1985 I bought a Super 7 (Caterham, assembled myself with Twin Cam engine)
1993 came the Healey 100/4 BN2 fantastic car love it. My wife told me don’t start to dismantle ( wich normally I do) let’s drive it.
So we went on holiday in Spain and came back on a trailer.
I rebuild the engine, gearbox, suspension and mounted disc brakes in the front.
Since no problem. Great holidays in Great Britain, Wales, Scotland, Germany, Austria, France, Italy and lot more.
Later the Healey was joined by a Lotus Elan.
All jobs are made by myself.
Hopefully a better time will come, and we can enjoy our cars.🀞🀞
All the best and stay healthy.
Kind Regards
2481441A-AE82-4057-9913-B2D5E54CAF8B.jpeg

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
welcome! sounds like great vehicles.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Welcome to BCF - you have had some great vehicles - and who doesn't love old British motorbikes?

OP
S

Steelworker

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hello,
Just a few years ago πŸ˜„πŸ˜„hair has gone, beart is white but still the same spirit.
Kind Regards

Attachments

• E8B8FC02-1658-4055-B6D4-F7957675EB7B.jpeg
    E8B8FC02-1658-4055-B6D4-F7957675EB7B.jpeg
    638.3 KB · Views: 37

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Welcome t the forum.

I had a 500 single Matchless in the mi 1960s. Then progressed to a TR2. Wish I still had both of them.

David

OP
S

Steelworker

Freshman Member
Country flag
Well, I started with a 500 Matchless (the Military version) then followed by 600 Altas good bike went twice to the Isle of man with them without any problem. My friends drove Japanees bikes an hat a lot of problems.
Then the Rickman Enfield wich I modified as you see on the Photo.
Allways fan of lightness I went to Colin Seeley and got a frame, wheels and lot more. Fantastic Person very helpfull. Ass Norton fan only one choice a 750 short stoke engine bought from the factory. Then wife, house, my to girls and a lot of years of hard and time consuming years.
Thats the English Story followed by the Italien (Ducati 851–888sp5)
Have a nice day

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
My start in motorized transport was an Ariel Colt that I was given as it did not run. Pushed it home and after some work it started. Passed my test on it and later moved up to the Matchless. A friend had a Vincent that he tried to get me to buy but I could not get it off the stand because it was too heavy for me.

David

OP
S

Steelworker

Freshman Member
Country flag
My start in motorized transport was an Ariel Colt that I was given as it did not run. Pushed it home and after some work it started. Passed my test on it and later moved up to the Matchless. A friend had a Vincent that he tried to get me to buy but I could not get it off the stand because it was too heavy for me.

David
Hi David,
Well, The Vincent was a dream for me wich never has happen.
Fantastic bikeπŸ‘πŸ‘