• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Stash of Jamaican's...

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
It's like being an archeologist, stumbling across the remnants of a previously unknown weird cult. The mind reels imagining their culture and rituals. Whatever became of them? Were they the victims of disease, eradicated by a neighboring tribe, did they succumb to the temptations of high-quality quality kit cars with parts that actually fit and they moved on? Or more likely, were they visiting aliens who returned to their home planet when their mission here was complete. Yeah, that I could believe.

OP
Randy Forbes
Country flag
I thought it might be a good source/contact for the member here that's restoring one; can't argue with Reid though, he's covered all the possibilities ;)

britlover

I have been long fascinated by the Jamaican. Strange that you see so many for sale, but almost never in any kind of finished state.

Would love to build one, but would have to seriously modify the front end and the instrument panel. I wish I had space/ money/ time for another car project, but alas I do not. Still, these things are so cheap... I'd make it look like this:

Jamaican_new_front2.jpg

OP
Randy Forbes
Country flag
That's sharp! Looks like a front-engined Mangusta (given the wheels, I'm sure that's what they were going for...).

attachment.php

britlover

That's right-- I did a quick photoshop of a nice Jamaican with a Mangusta front end and wheels. These cars just need a little more help with the detailing to bring out the Italian flair...

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
Isn't it a pity that the Jensen Healey didn't look like that! It might have saved the model, or at least given it a longer life.

(Not that I'm trying to disrespect the Jensen Healey - a car with some notable virtues - but it isn't exactly the prettiest girl at the dance.)