Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Can someone suggest a source for a correct starter pull cable? Mine came apart today, tried to fix it but it came apart again. I found some in Australia on ebay, but not really interested in waiting 2 weeks.
Thanks
I see so many BEs with the wrong starter and choke knobs. Either the shape is wrong, or the letters are wrong. An original one can be brought back to life....refinish and paint in the letter.
I tried that, but the cable pulled out. I attempted to crimp in another cable, a derailleur bike cable, but it pulled out. I talked to a master welder I know, he said any silver or brass he could flow into it would destroy the knob
Ed, If you use a heat sink and don't spend much time heating you won't destroy the knob. I use a couple of chunk's of lead clamped around the shaft then a quick quench with a can of water as soon as the job is done. heat must be with a torch to get it hot enough for solder quick and you want to use plain old plumbers solder since it doesn't need to get as hot as silver or brass. If you were hiring it done you need to find someone willing to take the time.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.