Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I just put new pads from Advance Auto Parts (Wearever) on my TR7 DHC, and they are really squealing, every time I use them. Do I need to replace the pads, or is there something I am missing?
I take it you did not "seat" the brake pads by getting up to a decent speed and slamming on the brakes but not locking them up and coming to a complete stop, so they seat? Also what about the anti-squeal goop did the pads come witht them? That is a 50-50 on if they work to keep squeals down or not.
Hi when new pads squeak it may require insta;;ing anti squeal shims to silence them . Moss Motors has one of the best "Shim"/"Strip" products I know of.--Fwiw--Keoke
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.