• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Springtime Joy

LeftAngle

Freshman Member
Bronze
Country flag
Just had the Weber carbs professionally tuned and my 70 S2 Europa is out of the barn and running better than ever. Sunny spring weather, windows open, turning heads and a grin on my face... I’m a happy chappy.
BBFE36FE-CB7C-4088-924F-9AF64015EBAE.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
That looks like a great car. S-2 shell, looks to have been highly modified. Plural? Weber carbs? What driveline is in there?

...or is it an actual Type 47...

Last edited:
OP
LeftAngle

LeftAngle

Freshman Member
Bronze
Country flag
That looks like a great car. S-2 shell, looks to have been highly modified. Plural? Weber carbs? What driveline is in there?

...or is it an actual Type 47...
Every panel with the exception of the 2 doors has been modified. The original type 65 Renault 1.6cc and transaxle are still there (with Else mods). The exhaust has been split 1-3, 2-4 in an attempt to give the sound a more aggressive stance without going overboard on volume... don’t know how well that worked as it’s all subjective. But I like it.
The Weber plural was a mis-statement. It’s a 45 DCOE. Technically a dual but one unit so you have to give me a pass😁
Here are some more photos.

Attachments

• A672BE8B-A370-450D-9BA4-A1358D4895FA.jpeg
    A672BE8B-A370-450D-9BA4-A1358D4895FA.jpeg
    145.1 KB · Views: 104
  • 959D38C1-4A5B-4A50-8E0A-70182A65AEF7.jpeg
    959D38C1-4A5B-4A50-8E0A-70182A65AEF7.jpeg
    154.6 KB · Views: 107
  • 433B33C5-539D-4ED1-B574-C5BE2FD555B0.jpeg
    433B33C5-539D-4ED1-B574-C5BE2FD555B0.jpeg
    174.3 KB · Views: 105
  • 3A9A3015-4A3F-4406-87E9-27E35C70B496.jpeg
    3A9A3015-4A3F-4406-87E9-27E35C70B496.jpeg
    272.4 KB · Views: 103
OP
LeftAngle

LeftAngle

Freshman Member
Bronze
Country flag
Update on those photos: I grabbed these from old files. The Weber was out for rebuilding so it’s not showing in the engine bay. The yellow mounting face on the Else intake header is where it lives.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Ah. I see the Weber's mounting studs. Pass granted. VERY nicely done car!

We've 40 DCOE's on all the "real" cars in the .sig file, a single one in the MGB and pairs in the Alfa and both Lotus cars.

I'd have 'em on the diesel Benz too, if I could figure out jetting and how to feed five pots with four throats... 😆

OP
LeftAngle

LeftAngle

Freshman Member
Bronze
Country flag
Weber carbs are out of my league when it comes to getting it all working together. We live in the SE U.S. A Detroit Iron culture where Porsches are popular but finding anyone versed in British, French and Italian knowledge is difficult. I’ve been ordered not to touch it. 🥴

OP
LeftAngle

LeftAngle

Freshman Member
Bronze
Country flag
The car is specifically for showing. Because of the Detroit Iron thing, it does not get gear head votes. The reason it’s red, yellow and blue is to attract the people they bring with them. Wives and kids get to vote as well... and it’s done very well so far. They love sitting in it.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Weber carbs are out of my league when it comes to getting it all working together. We live in the SE U.S. A Detroit Iron culture where Porsches are popular but finding anyone versed in British, French and Italian knowledge is difficult. I’ve been ordered not to touch it. 🥴

I understand the "order". A joke with regard to them is: "Weber is an Italian word for DON'T TOUCH". :LOL:

I've been dealing with DCOE Webers since the early '70's, first my own Elans & Alfas, later as a tech. I'm ASE Certified & a factory trained Porsche wrench since the late '70's, as well. Though I'd never own one myself. :sneaky:

Had an independent shop in Sarasota for years, restoration & maintenance of Eurotrash autos. Shut it down a few years ago.