• Hey Guest!
    British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!

    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)

Spridget hardtop question

BloodSpiL

Freshman Member
Offline
Will a hardtop from an 1980 Midget fit a 1965 (MKIII) Sprite? I suspect the answer is no, but as there is a hardtop for sale in my area, I thought I would check.
 
A mark IV top will NOT work on a mark III Sprite.

That is .. The later models that have a foldable top rather than a removable top are different enough that a hard top won't fit. There's a notch to fit the trim of the MK III Sprite that isn't there on the Mk IV.

As a matter of fact that's the only reason I have a hard top at all. The person I bought it from had completely restored a top. New glass, new gaskets, sanded repaired painted --perfect. Went to put it on and found that it was for Mk III Sprite (Mk II Midget). and put it up for sale. Lucky me.
 
Back
Top