• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Spitfire Owner

Sam Brice70

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hello everyone. My name is Sam. I recently joined this forum. I have a 1070 Triumph Spitfire, I am in the process of getting it up and running. I had it running in 2018 and then had to move, unfortunately didn't have a place that wouldn't allow me to work on it. Now I am at place where I can once again wrench on it. I just removed the tank to remove the rust. This is my second Spitfire, I had a 1968 MKIII in high school (1976) and have loved Triumph's ever since. So, I'm looking forward to asking questions and learning more. I'll soon be asking questions how to squeeze a little more horsepower out of these small engines.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
welcome Sam - a great project and it doesn't sound like a lot to get running again.

There are some go fast parts for Triumphs though I must admit with my Midget (Triumph engine) there is a lot of fun to be had just going out and thrashing it knowing that you aren't exceeding the speed limit - it just sounds like you are. :D

welcome!

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Hello Sam

Welcome to the forum.
You will find the Triumph section is very active so you are sure to get plenty of tips and advice for your Spitfire restoration.

David

OP
S

Sam Brice70

Freshman Member
Country flag
Thank you for the welcome John and David. I've already been checking out the forum, love it. And you are correct John, even when your going 50 it feels like 70.

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Welcome to BCF! Wow, a 1070 Spitfire - I didn't realize they made them that long ago! LOL But seriously - you will find our Triumph forum very engaging and hopefully helpful!

OP
S

Sam Brice70

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hey everyone. I have a question concerning carbs. I have a 1970 Triumph spitfire MKIII. I have a Zenith on it now, but liked the look of the twin SU. In my youth way, way back I had 1968 MKIII with the twin SU. I have also thought a single or twin Weber set up, is it to much? What do you think? Which would give me a little extra horsepower, or is it even worth the effort? Thanks!

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Hey everyone. I have a question concerning carbs. I have a 1970 Triumph spitfire MKIII. I have a Zenith on it now, but liked the look of the twin SU. In my youth way, way back I had 1968 MKIII with the twin SU. I have also thought a single or twin Weber set up, is it to much? What do you think? Which would give me a little extra horsepower, or is it even worth the effort? Thanks!
Sam. this is a question best posted as a new thread in the Triumph forum. Cheers

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Triumph does have a factory performance book. Rare and hard to find. Might watch the net in case one pops up. They had performance manuals for 4 and 2.0L sixes. Copies of what the factory did for racing.