• Hey Guest!
    British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!

    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)

Spitfire Spitfire bumper question

malexalex

Member
Offline
Hey, I have a 1970 mk3 spitfire and the connectors on either side of the bumper, the ones which connect the very edges of the bumper to the sides of the car, are missing. I have been having trouble finding them from parts suppliers, is there something else which will do the job or is there a supplier who has them?
Thanks,
Alex
 
Hi,
I know this is probably a dumb question, where you able to check some of the used parts suppliers? I'll see if I happen to have anything laying around. I don't believe I kept anything like that from the parts car I had but I'll look.
Dennis
 
Yeah, I'm just missing the end bolts, thats all... thats why I was wondering if just any bolt would do or if it has to be a specific length or something. My car was missing these bolts when I got it so I don't know how close the ends of the bumper should be to the car.
Thanks,
-Alex
 
Alex,

I have a mk3 spit late 70...I'll try to post a couple of pics to show maounting...Andy is correct there is a rubber washer between bracket and body...thread is standard fine. If this first picture works I'll post a couple more. I think Viccy Brit shows them in their catalog.

spitbumper1.jpg
 
well, now I've finally got this linkage to pictures sorted...here's a couple more...

spitbumper2.jpg


and this one is from underneath on passenger side...

spitbumper3.jpg
 
Back
Top