Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
My wife loves speed bleeders. No more having to have vaguely resentful wife sitting in the car listening to "Push - Hold - Release" all the time. One of my favourite modifications, since I'm flushing the brakes regularly before and after track weekends.
I have the speed bleeds and they are great. They also offer them in stainless steel. I would recommend you consider get the bleed bag and hose accessory that they offer. It is like an IV bag that collects the brake fluid expelled when bleeding. This eliminates the collection bottle being knocked over and the mess that creates. If you have multiple cars and use different brake fluids, you may want to buy extra collection bags to avoid contamination.
Oh, my gosh, I woulda thought you fellas would be meeting mid-States
and having parties and the like. Sorry to hear you're still wrestling
with stuff, but, hey, what's the Forum without the likes of Ole Crypty.
I suppose we'll be catching up by and by...
Read something 'bout Julian's car being wrecked or something??? Bummer
big time!
My first gut response was, well: I'll just order on the net and get a set; but,
now I'm leaning more towards instant gratification, so maybe Napa or the like.
It will kinda depend on where I go next. I'm moving snail's pace, but enjoying it.
For NAPA. They really don't have a reference for our cars. Go to Speed Bleeders and find your car and the pitch and length and cross reference to another popular car. Then go to NAPA
Leaves you with a kinda sinking feeling, doesn't it?
Don, I didn't see Triumph on the list of vehicles in the Speed Bleed
web page so I poked a look at the E-bay option and decided to just grab
it cause it was for Triumphs, specifcally, and less headache (Lord knows
I have enough of those), but I suppose it cost me, huh? Just didn't want
to hunt so I grabbed 'em.
2W, you know , I remember I just measures the threads and the length and went from there. 3/8's X24 if I remember correctly. Measure the length and go from there. If you need ! sample and don't have a loose one let me know I will dig one up to measure
Thanks again, Don. Yeah, I went ahead already and just ordered the set
from the net. It was there looking at me and I just jumped and committed
for convenience sake. Five of those little devils; each of the wheels
and one fer the slave cylinder.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.