• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Speaking of birthdays

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
My BD is just around the corner and SWMBO let me order a pair of Tecovas boots I've been pining over for at least a year for my present. I have a weird foot size that is in between a 9 and 91/2. Sometimes a 9 fits better and sometimes 91/2. Anyway, I ordered 91/2 and they arrived yesterday. When I tried. them on I realized right away I needed a half size smaller.

Tecovas ships their boots with a pre-paid return lablel in case you want a refund or an exchange (your choice). I went online and filled out the exchange form and then took the boots to FedEx the same day. Since I didn't get any email conformation when I filled in the exchange forum, I emailed them today just to verifiy that my request for exchange had gone through ok.

The lady that emailed me back said they did receive it. She also said that normally they would have to wait until they received the original boots at the warehouse before shipping the new pair, but she said since they could see the originals were enroute. Thus, she went ahead and processed the new order for the smaller size and they were shipped today. I should get them by the 1st while the originals are not scheduled to get to them until the 2nd.

That's what I call service!

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
They gave you the boot :bananawave:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
This is somewhat reassuring. Often thought I'd like to have a pair of their boots. Thanks for the info. Aside from a pair of cheap black "loafers" for the infrequent dress-up occasions, my footwear is normally Sperry deck shoes or their sandals. May consider replacing the loafers with a pair of Tecovas' boots.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
A good pair of boots outs always a great gift. I am always leery of buying boots online but it sounds like Tecovas customer service makes it easy.

Last edited:

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
They do have 16 physical stores you can purchase from, including one in OKC.
I'm more of a Lucchesse guy myself. I may need to look for a new pair of boots soon though. After my surgeries and recovery my left foot is larger than it used to be making wearing my old boots nearly impossible. I've worn them some too try and stretch them with some success but long the long term solution will probably be to replace them.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Similar boat here, Walt. Right leg, femoral artery blocked.

Surgery imminent.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Similar boat here, Walt. Right leg, femoral artery blocked.

Surgery imminent.
Oh geez, that's a bitch. With me it's just a result of the amount of damage my foot suffered and how it was put back together. All in all I'm incredibly lucky that one of my biggest problems is that my ostrich Lucchesses don't fit.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Back to speaking of Birthdays - our granddaughter turns 2 tomorrow! Hard to believe!

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Well, all day Sunday Aug 1st) the FedEx tracking site said my boots delivery would be by the end of the day that day. Fast forward to about 7PM on Sunday and I get a text message telling me the delivery date is now "pending." I half expected them to be delivered today (coincidentally my birthday) but it's 9PM and the status is still "pending".

I have a sneaking suspicion they are somewhere on a remote island helping a FedEx guy to survive.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
FedEx has been fairly consistent here, even the day before promised in a couple instances.

Happy birthday, too!

Mine is Thursday. Got myself a short zoom lens; 18~70mm. Less intrusive/invasive than some of the longer ones. Good "people watching" optic.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Woo hoo, they arrived this morning!

Tecovas.jpg

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Well, all day Sunday Aug 1st) the FedEx tracking site said my boots delivery would be by the end of the day that day. Fast forward to about 7PM on Sunday and I get a text message telling me the delivery date is now "pending." I half expected them to be delivered today (coincidentally my birthday) but it's 9PM and the status is still "pending".

I have a sneaking suspicion they are somewhere on a remote island helping a FedEx guy to survive.

I've been waiting for a volley ball that probably ended up there too.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Happy birthday Bas, those look like a heck of a fine gift.

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Today is the birthday of my beautiful grand daughter who was killed by a hit and run driver 6 months ago.