Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I have a storage bag for the side curtains on my bugeye. I am looking for a stowage bag for the top also, but the only one I could find online costs over $130. Anyone know of a cheaper source? Thanks.
Kevin
I know they are normally rolled up, but I figured that if I folded it along the windows and laid it flat that the windows might be less likely to be damaged. The only reason I really have the top is so that I am not caught off guard with weather. The reason I considered a storage bag is that earlier on the forum a number of people said that the windows get damaged being rolled up. The bugeye restoration shop tended to say the same thing - of course they want to sell the storage bags too.
Kevin
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:]The reason I considered a storage bag is that earlier on the forum a number of people said that the windows get damaged being rolled up[/QUOTE]
That hasn't been my experience if folded and rolled properly.
Are the tops rolled up around the frame or are they rolled separately and stowed in the BE boot? I have one that I too am trying to not 'mess up'. Someone else in Fountain Hills AZ told me about 'semi-rolling' the BE top to allow the back and sides to stay in place but the top itself is open but still attached to the frame.....Kinda like the old Porsche 914. He says it holds up to speed well and gives some protection from the suns rays. Don't know if it is noisey or not though. Have others done this? Thanks.....Don
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.