Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Hobby copper sheet from local hobby shop. Thin stuff like that you can cut with heavy duty scissors and a hole punch. Mic the present shim and I'll bet you can duplicate or find a size real close. And follow the proper procedures in reinstalling. I discovered how the rack locks up and sticks when not shimmed properly. A true change your shorts moment.
Looking at Shop Manual it says, " It is important that these shims are preserved for refitting the steering assembly."
There is a procedure if you don't know thickness of shims on how to measure and refit shims on the right hand mounting bracket, opposite where the steering shaft attaches.
I now have a copy of the BMC Spridget Shop manual courtesy of a neighbor who found it in his Dad's garage. Other than I have no clue what a Tool 18G 1063 used to detach the Tie Rod ends is. I can scan or fax shim alignment process all 22 steps. Send me a PM with e-mail or a fax #.
I think we are talking about a different part. Am I calling this by the correct name? It is around 1 inch by 3 inches. It sits between the passenger side rack and car. I have included what it looks like from an Ebay auction I saw a few months ago.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.