• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

So ... what's up?

anarchy99

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
1966... found machine gun mount and bought a replica inert mk43 (m60) for it. I gotta figure out how to crop the pics down small enough and then I'll post them.

anarchy99

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Great service... just used it.... going to use it more often. Here's the MUTT... parked at my parents farm, all original. Ready to get re-done... 20200504_161417-1.jpg

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Perfect candidate!

anarchy99

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Itll be stock, just going to give it that UDT flair, since I'm not a seabee and I'd hate to upset any MACVSOG folks... mk43 is what I grew up with though.

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Just finished Rampage. It's a great bio of the battle of Manila (sort of)
Kind of hard to read as the descriptions of the atrocities is really gut wrenching
Highly recommend it

OP
NutmegCT

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Don - thanks for that. Didn't know about the book until now.

Two more I've just completed (in between fixing things that broke in the previous 24 hours ...) -

Secret Empire - the late '40s and early '50s developments in spy planes and satellites. Eisenhower and Corona, for example.

Empires of the Sky - shows how Lighter than air (dirigibles) and Heavier than air (airplanes) slugged it out for domination of intercontinental air travel in the early 20th century. What if Count von Zeppelin had never met John Steiner, in Minnesota, in 1863. What if Juan Trippe had never been a stockbroker, and bought some surplus WW1 airplanes in 1922.

Thanks.
Tom M.