• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Since when...

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
The football players who interject "you know" after every sentence. No, I don't know unless you tell me. And good old loose for lose. And break for brake.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
The football players who interject "you know" after every sentence. No, I don't know unless you tell me. And good old loose for lose. And break for brake.
Your right! Just like this example of the misuse of “you’re”.

Country flag
I work in a large company, so management buzzwords get to me. Saying "You need to think outside the box" is one where they actually mean, get it done faster. One of our current ons is the word "colocation" to mean we want everyone sitting around together listening to each other's conversations just in case you have a better idea than someone else...

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Reading so-called professional journalists' articles and seeing a malaprop or misspelled word. Too many are using their hand-held thingies with spellcheck and voice recognition, not proofing before submitting. Leads me to believe the editors have all gone to sleep. Or been dismissed due to budget cuts.

As for pronunciation, that's colloquially (geographically) dependent. Tomato~tomatoe... It's come to a point where <queue David Gates, "Bread"> "it don't matter to me" anymore. I just inwardly cringe.

To quote Captain James T. Kirk: "It is easier for a civilized man to behave like a barbarian, than it is for a barbarian to behave like a civilized man."

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I miss George Carlin. I'd post a few of his videos but........:censored:

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Reading so-called professional journalists' articles and seeing a malaprop or misspelled word. Too many are using their hand-held thingies with spellcheck and voice recognition, not proofing before submitting. Leads me to believe the editors have all gone to sleep. Or been dismissed due to budget cuts.

As for pronunciation, that's colloquially (geographically) dependent. Tomato~tomatoe... It's come to a point where <queue David Gates, "Bread"> "it don't matter to me" anymore. I just inwardly cringe.

To quote Captain James T. Kirk: "It is easier for a civilized man to behave like a barbarian, than it is for a barbarian to behave like a civilized man."

auto correct.jpg

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Autocorrect is my worst enema.

Country flag

Close, It was Spock at the end of the episode "Mirror Mirror".

Spock:
It was far easier for you as civilized men to act as barbarians than for them as barbarians to act like civilized men

Yes, I've watched too much Star Trek over the years...

Darwin

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
You can never watch too much Star Trek!!!!

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Close, It was Spock at the end of the episode "Mirror Mirror".

Spock:
It was far easier for you as civilized men to act as barbarians than for them as barbarians to act like civilized men

Yes, I've watched too much Star Trek over the years...

I sit, autocorrected! :highly_amused:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
'Nother one: "So I thought to myself..."

Who the heck else are ya gonna think to??!!

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Prefacing an answer with: "Look" then the yadda-yadda comment. Look at what, exactly?