• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Siddeley and Sunbeam Owner Checking In

35 Siddeley

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hi all,
I have just joined, after stumbling across the site looking for info on repairing a prewar Lucas horn (new Alto).
Anyhoo, I have a 1963 Sunbeam Alpine Series 3 (last of the finned models), and two 1935 Armstrong Siddeley 17 HPs. The first being a Sports Saloon under restoration, it is one of 112 made and 1 of 2 known to remain. I inherited it from my father as a completely disassembled unrestored project. The second is a parts car for the first, being a Coachbuilt Saloon. It is very rotten and very rusty, but is my instruction manual for how to reassemble the Sports Saloon and donates parts every now and then that are missing or broken.

Attachments

• 2014 Body at Edward St Glynde.jpg
    2014 Body at Edward St Glynde.jpg
    831.1 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_6465.jpeg
    IMG_6465.jpeg
    358.1 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_5243.jpg
    IMG_5243.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 38

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Welcome to BCF. Did you find the information you needed on rebuilding that Lucas horn?

You are a lucky man to have a "spare parts" 35 Siddeley. Please do continue sharing the work progress with us. I'm betting your father thought highly of Siddeleys, as my father felt highly about Nash and Hudson cars of the 1940s.

Good to have you here.
Tom M.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Welcome indeed I suspect you might be the only AS owner on the forum - they are a car I have a huge soft spot for but have very rarely seen.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Welcome indeed I suspect you might be the only AS owner on the forum - they are a car I have a huge soft spot for but have very rarely seen.
Out of curiosity, I did a search of the member database and found a total of 4 members (including this new guy) who list AS as their car. However, the other 3 haven't been active in several years.

OP
35 Siddeley

35 Siddeley

Freshman Member
Country flag
Out of curiosity, I did a search of the member database and found a total of 4 members (including this new guy) who list AS as their car. However, the other 3 haven't been active in several years.
Sorry folks - "this new guy" is called Paul. Didn't realise my name didn't show.
I'll sign off posts from here on.

Tom M - I found the spare parts car in a feed barn about 600 miles from me. Couldn't believe my luck in finding another car about 100 chassis numbers from mine. While it's a shame not to restore such a rare car, it means I can restore mine and get one car from two.
Cheers,
Paul.

OP
35 Siddeley

35 Siddeley

Freshman Member
Country flag
Welcome to BCF. Did you find the information you needed on rebuilding that Lucas horn?

You are a lucky man to have a "spare parts" 35 Siddeley. Please do continue sharing the work progress with us. I'm betting your father thought highly of Siddeleys, as my father felt highly about Nash and Hudson cars of the 1940s.

Good to have you here.
Tom M.
Hi Nutmeg,
I think so - for now. I have soaked the bolts in penetrating oil and will try to undo them today. Once I'm inside, I may have more questions.
Cheers,
Paul.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Hey Paul, if you click your icon up top you will find that you can set a signature that can include your name and anything else you want to add. Then the signature will appear under every post you make automatically.

OP
35 Siddeley

35 Siddeley

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hey Paul, if you click your icon up top you will find that you can set a signature that can include your name and anything else you want to add. Then the signature will appear under every post you make automatically.
Thanks Basil,
I've been busy - added avatar and a .sig block.
Cheers,
Paul.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
They sold a few A-S Star Sapphires over here in the 1950s. Elegant looking "saloons". I saw one in a showroom in Philadelphia - maroon and gray.