• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Short legs!

Popeye

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
I’m not familiar with the TD - and it is not clear to me how the Moss extenders work. Do they push the upper pivot point forward, pushing the pedal below backward?

(I’m not surprised they are no longer for sale. Lawsuits and critical safety components (brakes), don’t play nice together… sad.)

Alternatively, could you drill holes in the pedals and bolt (securely) hardwood blocks on?

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
The clutch and brake pedals are already set up for the extenders, but the gas pedal is not. As in a previous post, these are a short pair of extenders, they made longer ones like those in the picture. I think they came in three lengths, not sure. My TF has a pair of short ones on it. PJ

pedal extenders.JPG

OP
NutmegCT

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
I can give you dimensions. I have two short ones for my car

Thanks. I think the bolt hole diameters are the most important, plus the Width and Length and Thickness of the bolt hole stubs. Total length of the unit probably rests on how much the new owner actually needs. (I'm referring to the Moss photo)

Still need to figure out how to "extend" the throttle pedal. Seems a wooden, plastic, or metal block, with a curved rear surface, fastened to the original pedal with bolts on left and right, would do the trick.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
When I was a kid and was driving the hay truck for my dad and grandad, my dad tied wooden blocks to the pedals so I could reach.

OP
NutmegCT

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Walt - that was done on many farms and off-road vehicles, but I'm afraid the new owner of my '53 TD wouldn't want to try driving today's roads using wooden blocks tied on the pedals!

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
When I was a kid and was driving the hay truck for my dad and grandad, my dad tied wooden blocks to the pedals so I could reach.
Anything to get some work out of the kids! 🤣

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Anything to get some work out of the kids! 🤣
I was about eight. I drove, my mom was on the back stacking bales, and my dad and grandad walked alongside bucking bales up to her.

Hamish Racing

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Joy Rainey and her dad managed to be very successful racers with adapted cars.
i recall seeing them in paddock at Silverstone very short and very talented and very nice people.

JHaydon

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Being vertically challenged myself, I have bolted blocks to the clutch pedal with good success -- once on a racecar and once on a currently-owned LBC.

As long as the block is solidly and securely fastened (as on the Amazon brake pedal extension above) I would not hesitate to use it in traffic, even on the throttle. If the block is "tied" to the pedal, I'm out.

And don't even think of tying them to your feet, a la Short Round in Temple of Doom:
1707769103205.png