Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I'm doing some rear suspension maintenance on my 59 Bugeye and I was wondering if one of you knowledgeable dudes or ladies has any insight on the shocks. Are we supposed to change the fluid and how much do they hold? What should I expect when I remove the filler cap? Any help would be truly appreciated. Thanks and have a fun and safe 4th.
Welcome to the forum! First thing is to check and see if the shock arm moves thru it’s range with resistance in both directions. You can always add shock oil via the hole under the big nut, but if the shock is notchy or has weak spots in its range I would order a rebuilt set from PeterC (Caldwell) at nosimport.com. Your better than new rebuilt shocks will show up at your house in a box with a return label...easy peasy.
Rut
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.