• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR6 She's here!![the TR6] pics

bobh

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
My car is Topaz, which is an exotic misnomer. It's more like a pumpkin orange. Not my favorite color. I prefer BRG over tan, like my '71. But it was the best car I could find at a better price than comparable cars. So I bought it. The color has grown on me (a little). It is a '70s color. Some day, many years from now, I'll paint it BRG.

Attachments

• 202218-SideShot.jpg
    202218-SideShot.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 40
G

I kinda like that Topaz color, it's not to bad. A guy in my club bought an Austin Healey that the PO had reshot Karmin Ghia orange. Now that was orange, like cheese whiz orange. Right before I bought my car I found one in the classifieds that was Damson, that kinda light purple. I like the color but I'm not to sure about it on a TR6. The french blue is really nice, that I could get into.

OP
R6MGS

R6MGS

Yoda
The nicest TR6 I ever had was French Blue....bought it from a female army cadet in Maryland....My first son was in the middle of the 'terrible twos' when I bought it so I've got ALOT of stories involving that car.

Made some slow progress with Boricua today...Finally finished polishing the paint, took 5 hours to do the hood alone! and it still doesn't have that depth that I wanted to achieve, but oh well....it's brown anyway. I won't get much time to work on it until next weekend, I plan to pull off the wheels, repaint them...and investigate the rear end clunk...possibly convince SWMBO to help out by cleaning the interior up.

sammyb

Luke Skywalker
I'm one of those guys that likes different cars in different colors. I like the TR3 in Powder Blue, C3 Corvettes and Ferrari 308s in Black, C5 Corvettes in Quicksilver, Porsche 911s in Midnight Blue, XK8s in Gold, Healey 3000s in Healey Blue over White, Lamborghinis and Mopars in Sublime/Pistachio, '69 Camaros in Hugger Orange with Black stripes, TR4s in Signal Red, Aston Martin DB4 in Aston Green and Lancia Stratos in any color.

MadRiver

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
Great looking car and in a wonderful period color! I was home sick last week, and I caught Alan Alda's "Sweet Liberty" on TV -- one of the main characters drives a '74 or later brown TR-6, perhaps it was Alda's own car! Interestingly, I recall seeing the movie when I was in high school, and liked it then. I could barely sit through it this time -- I only kept watching to see scenes of the car. It had the body stripes that run along the sides, which were hard to see on the brown.

Anyway, enjoy!!

vettedog72

Jedi Knight
Nice looking car! Did Triumph call the color Maple? Back in the day of manufacture it seemed that all the car companies called the color anything but brown. In fact the only place you could find brown was on a tag/title.

Today, the color has a distinctive look quite apart from the reds and blues.

G

[ QUOTE ]
'69 Camaros in Hugger Orange with Black stripes

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha, thats great, you gotta love the marketing things they did with paint names back in the 60's and early 70's. Chevy had the "hugger" colors, Ford had the "grabber" colors. My 71 Mach 1 was grabber blue, which was a very bright almost turquois blue, I loved it. They had grabber blue, green, lime, yellow and orange. Wasn't Plymouths bright green called lime twist, and the purple was crazy plum I believe.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
It was Plum Crazy.They also had Curious Yellow,etc.

- Doug

allen

Freshman Member
i hated the brown color too for awhile,but after changing the interior to black,new black top, i have grown to like the color, my first tr6 was yellow,wasn't too fond of it either but grew to like it alot. allen.

Kurtis

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
The first TR6 I remember was a maroon (I don't remember the proper Triumph color) that my best friend's dad bought when we were in junior high. I barely remember the car - except that I thought the wood dash was cool! He didn't have it long - swapped it out for a Jaguar XJS... brown!

The TR6 that made me decide I wanted a TR6 was a brown one. I remember the brown color giving it a very aggressive look. I still remember the first time I saw it... I was walking across a street in college to the parking lot where my 280Z was parked, with this brown TR6 approaching... he actually stopped for me while I walked across the street, and I remember thinking right there and then that I wanted a TR6. The next summer I bought one - a jasmine colored (pale yellow) 1972. I still love that color as well. All the TR6 colors were cool! They were so 70ish!

Kurtis

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
TR4s in Signal Red...

[/ QUOTE ]

Sammy... your TR3 is a proper signal red, isn't it? How does the color compare to your red Miata?

Andy Blackley

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
IIRC that brown is called "Russet". I had an 83 Range Rover in the same color. Looked good with LR "Stone" (off white) steel wheels.