Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I need some advice. I'm selling a bugeye hard top. I have interested buyers, but the buyers are all far away. Anyone have any advice on how to crate these, the best way to ship, and ways to make sure It gets there without damage?
Thanks, Kevin
If you don't make the crate to big or heavy you could ship Greyhound. I received a MK 3 hardtop shipped that way. Crate was filled with home foam [expanding urethane] in plastic garbage bags. Top was not in perfect restored condition but suffered no damage from shipping. Crate made out of 1/2" plywood.
Kevin,
we ship large delicate electronics and use something similar to what Kurt suggested. We use a large cardboard box and place plastic bags around the object to be shipped and fill them with expanding foam, top, bottom, and 4 sides. Very secure and light weight and it can withstand lots of abuse. I've even shipped transmissions this way and it protects them well.
Rut
I have been shipped two tops through greyhound, both were unboxed, had been wrapped with shrink and bubble wrap with cardboard on edges. both without any damage.
I had fantastic success and luck with Amtrak (of all people). You crate it up a bit, they put it on a pallet and off it goes. The only rub is that you need to get it to the nearest train station and your buyer needs to pick it up at their nearest... but, wow, where they cheap!!!
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.