Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Working on body fittings this weekend. Frankly I'm tired of the Chassis. Does anyone have a good picture of what and where the seat belt mounting plates and mounting fixtures go on the 3A. I have the stuff but just not sure where it goes.
I have 2-point lap belts and I secured mine on the sides with an angle iron and nut welded into the rear quarter panel while I was doing my restoration.
For the center, I drilled a hole on each side of the rear tunnel and welded in a 2" by 2" steel plate curved underneath with a nut welded to these plates. The photo shows where I did it on the BRG TR3A I finished in 2006.
For reference, I'm reposting the link to a .PDF file showing templates drawn up for a Triumph Service Bulletin. These show where holes for lap belts might be installed. I have no interest, assume no liability, etc., etc.; it's only for reference! (Oh, and this has moved, so ignore any such link you might find from me here in the BCF archives!)
I wrote that but I'm wondering what a yu hole is. Sheesch those dislectic fingers are at it again.
What I'm reading is that the seat belts came installed by the dealer, not the factory. Mine had them along with stout eye bolts and sturdy backing plates. Guess I'll clean them up and install them.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.