Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I will be placing my sending unit back on the gas tank shortly. Can anyone recommend a sealant I can put on the cork gasket that is impervious to gasoline and will not break down later?
I agree with TR6Bill. Aviation Form-a-Gasket is also non-hardening and it's the sealant I use the most, especially when things are exposed to gasoline.
What you must NOT use is RTV/Silicone. Silicone and gas do not mix. Never use it on anything fuel related.
I'll 'third' the Form-a-Gasket. And Hylomar works fine too. With the Hylomar, just a THIN film is enough. Both compounds are gasoline impervious. Neat stuff! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.