Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I just washed my Sprite and found some sticky blobs on the paint that appear to be sap. What is a safe way to remove that stuff without messing up my paint?
I think your best bet is Tar and Bug Remover. There is an industrial version you can get if you have an automotive paint supplier in your area. EPA regulations (at least in California) have made that product the degreaser used for paint prep. The brand I have is PCL.
In the mountains of North Carolina you will find the finest Fraser fur Christmas tree farms. My wife and I used to drive up their every December to have a fresh tree cut. They had these amazing machines that you shoved the tree in and it would pop out all nicely bundled on the other side ready to transport. Over by the machine they had gallons of isopropyl alcohol I ask what it was used for. They said Fraser fur produce a lot of sap which would gum up the machine; the fellow that was operating the machine said isopropyl alcohol was the best to keep it clean. Plain old rubbing alcohol will dissolved all of your sap and leave no residue and will not harm your paint. Just saturate a clean soft towel and lay it on the sap spot for a few minuets and gently wipe it off.
I thought I had but yesterday I found that both carbs are leaking where the fuel bowl attaches to the body of the carb. The day before yesterday I drove about ten miles and went through about a quarter of a tank. I tried Bill M's trick of using an extra washer to squeeze the bowl grommet a little tighter but the leak is now worse. I've made a couple of grommets out of neoprene that I'll try today as an emergency measure but I'm going to order two sets of new ones. My fuel bowl risers that I machined took care of my fuel level problems so at least there is some improvement. I'm disappointed that the parts that Joe Curto installed leaked in such a short time.
Joe is sending me a new set so I'll just have to try again. For the moment I have made a couple of washers out of neoprene and they are not leaking yet.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.