• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

General TR Sad news about Randall

3798j

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
So very sad to hear. It wasn't just his incredible wealth of knowledge, it was the way he dispensed it. Never looking down...always building up. RIP Randall...you were one of a kind.

jfarris

Jedi Trainee
Gold
Country flag
Rest in Peace Randall. We, in the Triumph community, will miss your sweet spirit and wealth of knowledge.
You'll probably be bored in heaven because there are no problems to fix, but think of all the drive time in perfect weather.
Thanks for the personal help you gave me on my car, we should have been training your replacement.
My condolences to Randall's family along with prayers for their peace and comfort.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
VERY sad news. Always expected we'd meet at some point. His explanations were always well crafted (and many illustrated) with care and accuracy. I never owned a Triumph but have done many repairs on most of the two-seaters. On reading Randall's responses to forum members' queries it was always: "This guy's been there and done it!" A real shock to learn he's gone.

Too soon gone. Best regards to his family and friends.

Rhodyspit75

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
What a blow. And so young - like his name. In researching my open circuit problem,. I came across an old email by Randall answering my problem. I never met him either but he was Mr. Triumph to all of us. Like Paul Rego (Broskey), people like that can't be replaced when they pass on. My condolences to his wife Mei. If I find the solution, I'll dedicate it to him.

PD
i don’t want to take away from this thread but I wasn’t aware that Paul Rego had passed. I seem to remember some discussion about Paul a while ago and thought that he had just found other interests.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Me too. Somewhere I got the idea he had passed away since he had not posted here in some time. I apologize for the error.

TRopic6

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Yes, Randall will be sorely missed. Seems no matter what the TR problem was, he had already seen it, solved it, and could explain how. Yes, as many have said, one of a kind.

Suncoaster

Country flag
Like so many others, I wasn't fortunate enough to have met Randall, but profited greatly from his posts & advice. His politeness and patience were seemingly unlimited. It was one of his posts (with pics, yet) that made rebuilding my steering box successful and so much easier than it would otherwise have been.

RIP, Randall and blessings to the family.

OP
PeterK

PeterK

Yoda
I remember that Randall posted several scans of manuals and info on google docs.
Q. - Does anyone have access/links to his work that he placed online? It would be nice to compile his knowledge and make it available for all to use. I can't remember 1/10 of what Randall knew off the top of his head.

Snowkilts

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
I remember that Randall posted several scans of manuals and info on google docs.
Q. - Does anyone have access/links to his work that he placed online? It would be nice to compile his knowledge and make it available for all to use. I can't remember 1/10 of what Randall knew off the top of his head.

At some point Randall posted a link to his entire library. I can't find the post but I copied it all a couple years ago. I don't know how many downloads my Google Drive account will allow, but here it is. RIP Randall, I learned a lot from him.

Link

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Thank you for the link.

What a treasure trove of information. It is the result of untold hours of work on Randall's part.

David

OP
PeterK

PeterK

Yoda
Thank you for the link, Whew it's a lot of info. Thank you Randall for everything.

TomMull

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
Randall set me straight on many occasions. His advice will live on with the link above and his posts and replies over the years. Most of our Country lies between us and I regret that I never got the chance to meet him or even to say thanks.
I will miss him.
Tom

Bremer

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
I'm very saddened by this news. I never met Randall, but I wish I would have.
I considered him the most knowledgeable person about our cars on the forums. When posting about my issues, I would usually wait for his response before making a plan how to proceed.

He left us too early. Rest in peace Mr. Young. You will be missed.

luke44

Jedi Warrior
Silver
Country flag
So sad. There aren’t words to describe his contribution to this community. A very sad day.